Rogue Color Training 2.0 (IWF) – 25kg
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 86/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Color Training Plates 2.0 (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Color KG Training 2.0 Plates
Rogue Color KG Training 2.0 Plates are built similarly to Rogue’s Competition KG Plates. The main differences are a lower durometer rating, a different coating on the center hub, different aesthetics, and price (these include shipping). These are also IWF certified, just like the Competition Plates.
These plates are ideal for CrossFit, general training, Olympic weightlifting, and powerlifting.
Features & Highlights
- IWF Approved – Unlike the LB version, these KG plates are approved by the IWF to be used in international competitions.
- Medium Bounce – These plates have a 86 durometer rating, which is a respectable rating. The lower the rating, the softer the material, and the higher the bounce. The black version of these plates has a durometer rating of 90 while the KG Competition Plates have a much higher rating of 94. A rating of 86 won’t produce the same dead bounce as higher ratings, but you also won’t be chasing it around the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The Rogue Color KG Training 2.0 Plates have a zinc-plated center hub that, in my opinion, doesn’t look as nice as the chrome-plated hubs. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is standard for this style of plate. This creates a snug fit on an Olympic-sized barbell.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carry them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG. Unlike the KG Competition plates, all of these plates ship free, not just the sets.
- Plate Width – These plates offer a narrow width profile, which is great for adding more plates on the bar. While the 10KG plate and 25KG plate are slightly larger than the KG Competition Plates, the 20KG plate is slightly smaller, and the 25KG plate is the same. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.25″
- 15KG – 1.75″
- 20KG – 2.12″
- 25KG – 2.50″
- Durability – These plates are very durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to handle a lot of drops while maintaining performance.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue Color KG Training 2.0 Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams.
- Aesthetics – These plates look nice, but in my opinion, they don’t look as nice as the Competition Bumpers without the raised lettering and pebble grain. Some users have complained about the lettering wearing off over time.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.